Wednesday, February 3, 2010

When Does a Midlife Crisis Begin?

I am only 24, almost 25, a father and husband, and an Army veteran...but still have no idea what I want to do with my life. I have had 1 career already, I spent the better part of 2009 in China, I have a little college under my belt and few hobbies I am able to indulge in. What am I going to do with the rest of my life?
I recently decided that maybe plants are what I would like to spend my time doing. I am going to start a garden on my apartment patio, stay tuned for weekly updates on that, and am looking into getting a horticulture degree. I thought maybe that would be a good field to get into, what with all the green technologies and what not.
Right now all I am qualified for is security, I am a trained manager but when it comes to specific fields I am limited in experience on anything but military, and my short time in China spent teaching English and learning some HR. I do know one thing, I am not meant for an office. I hated being in the office in the Army and I hated being in the office in China. I spent most of my time in China out of the office, in my classroom, or doing field studies of my students.
My question though, when does a midlife crisis really begin? I am only in my mid 20's and have no clue what I want to do with my life, what I am going to do to keep my family stable, where my next check is going to come from. My depression and anxiety are getting unmanageable and legalized medicinal marijuana may be far off...kind of limiting my options.

No comments:

Post a Comment